The Office of the Academic Vice President (AVP)
The Office of the Academic Vice President is accountable to the President with responsibilities in leading, coordinating and facilitating the University’s academic affairs.
Jeilu Oumer (PhD) is the current Academic Vice President. Jeilu Oumer holds BSc. and MA from Addis Ababa University and PhD from Andhra University, India.
Eight offices are answerable to the Academic Vice President and assist the academic functions.
1) Staff Affairs Office
2) Academic Standards and Quality Enhancement Office
3) Graduate Programs Office
4) Undergraduate Programs Office
5) Continuing and Distance Education Office
6) Teaching and Learning Support Office
7) Special Needs Support Center
8) Library and Academic Documentation Services
9) Registrar’s Office
10) Special Assistant to the VP and the Secretariat