The general objectives of the program is to produce graduates with the optimum knowledge and skill development in Sport Science by equipping with different techniques & skills of sport activities, knowledge of scientific analysis of human body movement in respect of physical activities & professionals at different level of qualification who can take part in different sport aspects like in coaching, organizing, research, fitness instructors, etc in a three years training program.
The program has the following specific objectives
- Prepare and facilitate short term training or refresher programs such as seminars, workshops, symposia etc
- Ensure quality of education in the area of Sports and Health science.
- Train academically competent professional who can actively participate in the educational, health, social and cultural sectors of the society.
- Develop student’ skills in using appropriate methods for subject contents
- Equip students actively and constructively engaged in school improvement and development programs
- Provide trained personnel who can lead and organize intramural & extramural activities in different organizations.
- Provide advisory services in the area of sport for government and non- governmental organization, clubs, fitness centers etc
- Create an environment that supports and encourages national and international interaction that can contribute for the development of Sports
- Provide students with opportunities for field experiences in order to obtain practical experience needed for advancing their education and careers.
- Conduct research related to sport and health science.